It’s time to renew your $25 annual membership with the community association! Existing memberships expired on August 31. Thank you to the households that have already renewed. If you have not purchased your 2023-2024 membership, please do so online at Buy/Renew Membership. All memberships purchased by October 15 will be entered into a draw for a Cineplex gift card.
You may not be aware of what the Discovery Ridge Community Association (DRCA) does for our community. Our activities include:
- Maintaining the tennis courts and rinks. This year we improved the lighting in this area.
- Organizing the Stampede RoundUp event. At this June’s event, our neighbourhood enjoyed a petting zoo by Butterfield Acres, childrens’ games and face painting, and line dancing. As well, we were very fortunate to have Harry the Horse (the Calgary Stampede mascot) attend. There was a variety of food trucks to keep our tummies full and our bodies hydrated.
- Collaborating with the City of Calgary to find solutions to successfully cohabitate with wildlife in our community
- Commissioning the painting of our bottle shack to make it into an art piece that reflects our proximity to the wildlife in our park. You may have noticed it as you drive by. It is in the parking lot near the playing fields, across from the Cornerstone retail area.
- Working to connect our community to Calgary’s extensive bike path system with possibly a pathway to the Glenmore reservoir.
- Working with two other community associations to have have a waste and recycling cleanup event in April.
- Organizing September’s Music in the Park event.
For only $25 per year, your membership is used to maintain our ice rinks and tennis courts, provide special events such as Music in the Park and the Stampede BBQ, produce our monthly Ridge Review newsletter, support our social media and website accounts, and give Discovery Ridge a voice in City of Calgary issues. For more details on what an annual membership can do for you, see our Membership page.
Our DRCA Board and volunteers put many hours into planning events and performing activities that benefit our entire community. Our events and activities are not possible without the collection of membership fees and resident involvement. Your community association is only as good as the membership it serves. If you have any suggestions for what you would like to see happen – whether it be events or groups – please come forward with your ideas and contribute to making this community a great place to live.