Click to purchase or renew your DRCA membership TODAY!
Every Discovery Ridge resident owes it to themselves and their community to purchase a DRCA membership.
But Why? What is in it for me as resident?
For the nominal fee of $25 PER YEAR, your membership pays for things such as:
- Special Events (Stampede Breakfasts, Fall Fun Runs, Galas, Children’s Santa events, etc.)
- Support for the Recreation Facility (the means to manage and maintain the ice rink and tennis courts)
- Communications Channels (Ridge Review newsletter, website, Facebook, member only email notices, mail-outs)
- Priority access to tennis registrations and other occasional member-only privileges
- Collective Voice – the City of Calgary takes note of what percentage of residents are members of the community association when that association lobbies for community-related concerns such as traffic, zoning, residential developments surrounding our community, etc. In recent years, the DRCA has realized that without a critical mass of active members, it will be increasingly difficult to effectively represent community concerns with City Council.
Aren’t these benefits worth 7 cents a day?
Current members believe they are. The dedicated community volunteers believe they are. We need you to buy-in too. Please help to further establish the DRCA and join today.
What does “collective voice” really mean?
From both the City of Calgary and the Province of Alberta’s viewpoint, the community association is the representation of Discovery Ridge collectively. That representative voice is far weaker than it should be for such a fabulous community as Discovery Ridge. We are often asked through processes such as Traffic Calming Study applications and CFEP Grant applications, to provide our membership statistics. In years past, we’ve had to report the dismal reality of 12%, 17% or our most recent high of approximately 25% membership representation. This statistic weakens our “voice” greatly in comparison to other communities in our area (70% membership is our goal to align with other communities). We feel we are sitting in the queue for our requests to be acted upon year after year because we require higher community representation as measured through membership levels. There is no reason we should have to wait for community concerns to be addressed simply because our residents have not purchased their $25 annual memberships. Other communities do it, so we see no reason ours cannot.
If you have not already done so, please purchase or renew your 2013-2014 DRCA membership online today.
OR if you prefer you can download a Membership form and once completed, mail it along with your cheque to:
Discovery Ridge Community Association
PO Box 75023
Calgary, AB T3H 3M1
If you have any further questions, please contact our Membership Committee via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.