It will be held at the end of Discovery Ridge Boulevard. The DRCA, on behalf of the community of Discovery Ridge, would like to sincerely thank the City of Calgary for providing this service and opportunity. It is very greatly appreciated.
Please see below for information regarding acceptable and unacceptable items. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday!
The Cerebral Palsy Association of Alberta will gladly accept the following items:
- Quality used clothing, accessories, shoes, costumes, coats etc
- Entertainment items such as books, magazines, DVD’s, small entertainment appliances in working order, sporting goods, toys, games, puzzles, stuffed animals etc
- Small general kitchen appliances in working order, vacuum cleaners, sewing machines, hair dryers, curling irons etc
- Household items such as telephones, lamps, clocks, pictures, frames, mirrors, crafts, ornaments, dried/silk flowers, candles, hangers, coat racks, shoe racks, tools, small office supplies etc
- Bags and suitcases
Large furniture items and baby items such as car seats, strollers, gates and high chairs are unfortunately not accepted.
The Syrian Refugee Support Group of Calgary will gladly accept used bicycles and bicycle parts to be distributed to those in need in our city.
Darrin Bastien Metals Recycling will gladly accept the following items:
- All metals
- Automotive batteries
- Automotive metal parts
- Propane tanks if devalved
- Appliances, except for fridges
- Metal doors
- Bikes and bike parts that cannot be reused
No explosives or fuel tanks will be accepted.
Recycle Logic will gladly accept the following items:
- Televisions, Computer Monitors and All-in One Computers
- Desktop Computers and Servers
- Computer Accessories – Mouse, Keyboard, Cables, Desktop Computer Speakers
- Laptops, Notebooks and Tablets
- Desktop Printers and Printer combinations, Scanners, Fax Machines and Photocopiers
- Cable boxes
- Modems/Network Switches
- Stainless Steel Kitchen Appliances
- Cords, Extension cords
- Christmas Lights
- Stereo Equipment/Speakers
- CD /DVD/ DVR Players
- Microfiche Readers
- Cell Phones
- Network Equipment
- Testing Equipment
- Circuit Boards
- Receivers (Satellite & Cable)
- Uninterruptible Power Supplies
- Gaming consoles/games
Recycle-Logic Inc. reserves the rights to refuse any item NOT on the ARMA Sponsored Material List or any ineligible item with too much plastic.
City of Calgary Waste and Recycling services will provide packer trucks for garbage, organics and recycling.
Yard waste including leaves, branches, plants, grass clippings will be accepted for composting. Please note that no sod will be accepted. Yard waste must be separate from other items. All organic materials collected at community cleanups will be taken to one of the City of Calgary’s composting facilities.
Mattresses will be accepted. Bags are provided on site if necessary.
The following items will NOT be accepted:
- Glass (e.g. window panes, glass table tops)
- Household appliances with Freon (e.g. refrigerators, freezers)
- Liquids (e.g. cooking oils)
- Railway ties
- Sod or dirt
- Household hazardous waste including:
- Propane tanks ( if devalved, can give to Darren Bastien Metals Recycling )
- Automobile, cleaning, healthcare, and gardening chemicals
Household hazardous waste materials can be brought directly to a household hazardous waste drop-off location.
If you are unsure about an item, please visit calgary.ca/whatgoeswhere to find the right recycling and disposal options for your unwanted items.
This year we will also provide a Free Store opportunity where items can be dropped off for availability to others, and if not removed they will be donated directly or disposed of appropriately.
Donations to the Calgary Humane Society will be gratefully accepted. Please refer to this link to view their Wish List http://www.calgaryhumane.ca/donate/wishlist/.