- Contact Us
- Ring Road Info
- The Association
- Recreation Facility & Programs
- DRCA Events
- Ridge Review
- Our Community
TENNIS COURT RULES DURING COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
1. Only singles play is permitted – maximum 2 players per court and 4 people inside tennis court fence at any time.
2. All facility users are responsible to adhere to any applicable physical distancing guidelines. This applies both on-court and while waiting. Maintain 2-meter separation at all times.
3. Players must not handle the same tennis ball. Each player must provide a minimum of 2 identifiable balls which they will serve with through the entire match.
4. Tennis courts and facilities / equipment are not cleaned and all facility users are advised to take any appropriate precautions.
5. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The Discovery Ridge Community Association is not responsible for supervising this facility and assumes no liability for risks you are assuming by using it, including the potential increased risk of exposure to COVID-19.
Please adhere to these rules to help reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread while also allowing community residents the opportunity to engage in healthy activity.
The DRCA reserves the right and may be directed at any time to close the tennis courts should users not comply with posted rules and physical distancing guidelines.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Our community has been scheduled to be swept MAY 8. Trucks and crews will be in the neighbourhood between 8:00AM and 4:00PM. Click HERE for more information from the City of Calgary. Please ensure your vehicle is off the street so that all stones can be swept up!
We invite you to participate in the 1st (and we hope only) Annual –
Social Distancing Easter Egg Hunt
Print our a few Easter Egg patterns that you can easily find on the internet (here is a LINK if you wish) . You or your children are encouraged to colour as many eggs as you wish and then hide them in your window or even your yard – get creative! Make sure they are there by Saturday night!
This Sunday, April 12, we invite you to take a walk (with appropriate social distancing!) through the community, take a few pictures and a tally of all the eggs you find! Once you’re finished your hunt, email your favourite picture and your number of eggs to firstname.lastname@example.org
The top two households with the largest number of found eggs will win a
$25 gift certificate to either Javino or Maharajah.
All entries must be in by 5:00PM on April 12.
(This contest will be on the honour system!)
HAVE FUN and STAY SAFE!
Do you know a senior who might have questions about living in a society amidst the COVID-19 outbreak? Click HERE for information from the government of Alberta.
Check out the DRCA Facebook Page for a few ideas on how to stay connected with your neighbours and our great community! https://www.facebook.com/DiscoveryRidgeCommunityAssociation/
On Sunday January 12, all current 2019/20 DRCA members received the following EMAIL to their inboxes. If you value this type of communication, we encourage you to purchase/renew your DRCA membership today! $25 well spent!
We invite all Discovery Ridge residents down to the ODR on Sunday February 2nd for a leisurely skate complete with music and hot chocolate. 2:00-4:00pm. Please dress for the weather! Click HERE for more info.
Both ice surfaces are OPEN (9:00AM-8:30PM) for all to enjoy. Please take the time to not only play hard, but to also use the shovels provided to clear the ice of snow build-up (remember, up and OVER the boards of the hockey rink).
For the upcoming holidays, there is no pick up on Christmas Day or New Year’s Day for residential homes with carts. Make sure you know your schedule and sign up for free reminders by visiting calgary.ca/collection. If you normally put your blue, green or black carts out on Wednesday, put your cart(s) out two days earlier on the Monday.
Christmas Day (Wednesday, Dec. 25, 2019) pick up will move to Monday, Dec. 23, 2019. New Year’s Day (Wednesday, Jan. 1, 2020) pick up will move to Monday, Dec. 30, 2019.